In visual Studio 2012, separate tool called “Lists” introduced to create the lists and libraries in more convenient way. Here we can create both customizable and non-customizable lists.
- Customizable lists means In addition to we can add/create existing/new fields, views etc. with it.
- Non-customizable lists means it’s just create a new list.
Example1: Create non-customizable list:
1. Here I am creating a new list in SharePoint 2013 site. So, I choose “SharePoint 2013 project”
First, create an empty SharePoint 2013 project.
2. Mention the url for what site you want to debug:
3. Go to “Solution explorer” and right click on the project and select add “Add new item”
4. Select the “Lists” tool and then click on “Add” button.
5. Choose “Create a non-customizable list based on existing list type and select the “Custom List” from the dropdown menu then click “Finish”
7. If you observe the above image clearly the “Columns” and “Views” tabs are not enabled that means we have chosen “Create a non-customizable list based on existing list type” earlier [see point 5].
8. That’s it. Now deploy the solution to the solution gallery by right clicking the “Deploy” option from the project [solution explorer-->right click on the project and then select “deploy” option]
Now, you will see our newly created list “SampleList” in your deployed site.